CAD in AT: Introduction
CAD in AT: Introduction
From Ace Centre Learning
- Introductory level
- Places available
- Take this course online
Included in course bundles:
Computer Aided Design in Assistive Technology (CAD in AT)
Learn the key engineering concepts and how they can be applied to AT and AAC.View bundle >
This online webinar will give you introduction to Computer Aided Design in Assistive Technology, CAD in AT. CAD software to develop assistive technologies is more accessible than ever with competitive pricing and feature-packed software able to run on mainstream computers.
We’ll review how CAD software tools can be used in AT development and how you can take advantage of some of the key benefits. Different approaches to CAD will be reviewed and we’ll explain how to use these tools, for example to be able to access local manufacturing such as 3D printing.
You’ll see how easy it is to get started and how our CAD in AT series of courses can help build your knowledge.
You will learn:
- An introduction to CAD and what it is
- Benefits as they relate to assistive technology development
- An overview of current software packages
- 2D or 3D CAD?
- Understanding the differences between parametric and surface 3D modelling
- Differences between types of CAD software
- Using built-in and cloud file management approaches to manage design output
- Managing design changes and version control.
A pre-recorded webinar supported by online materials and resources for follow up.
Anyone who works in assistive technology who would like to understand how CAD can benefit their organisation and how to develop future learning. (Unlimited numbers)
Management of Resources
- Aware of legal and policy frameworks in reference to correct and safe use of AAC equipment (e.g. Medical Device Directives, Risk Assessments etc.)
- Knowledge of how to create resources to support the safe use of AAC technology
Log in to Ace Centre Learning.
Available from 1st April 2022
*All times shown are given in the UK timezone, on the date the course is run.
Sign up for our newsletter
Sign up to our free newsletter to get emails about our latest Ace Centre Learning courses and other news.
You can earn an Ace Centre Learning certificate when you complete any of our courses.
Other courses you might like
- CAD in AT: Simple Electronics Development
CAD in AT: Simple Electronics Development
- CAD in AT: 3D Surface Modelling
CAD in AT: 3D Surface Modelling
- Engineering Standards and Regulations in Assistive Technology UK/Europe
Engineering Standards and Regulations in Assistive Technology UK/Europe